This course consists of three short videos and a course test. You must score at least 75% on the course test to earn your certificate of completion. Information about how to view and print your certificate of completion will be available after you've passed the course test and submitted the course survey.
The topics covered throughout this course are:
- Misconceptions about Florida-Friendly landscapes.
- The difference between a Florida-Friendly landscape and xeriscape.
- Design considerations that are important to the success of Florida-Friendly landscapes.
- The use of turf, hardscape, and plant materials in Florida-Friendly landscapes.
- Strategies for working with Home Owner associations to implement Florida-Friendly landscapes.
- Steps to convert a traditional Florida landscape to a Florida-Friendly landscape.
This course is eligible for 1 continuing education credit for:
- Landscape Architecture “Optional” category
- Community Association Manager “Operation of the Community Association’s Physical Property” category
- FNGLA Certified Horticulture Professional
- Florida Water StarSM Professional
If you have any questions regarding course content, please contact ClaireLewis@ufl.edu