Full course description
Welcome to Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ - Irrigation BMPs for Professionals. This course qualifies for one continuing education credit (CEU) for FDACS Urban Fertilizer (LF) category. It is completely self-paced, so you may leave the course if needed and return to where you left off.
This course consists of eight short videos, a short reading, two practice quizzes, and a course test. You must score at least 70% on the course test to earn your record of attendance. Information about receiving your record of attendance will be available after you've passed the course test and submitted the course survey.
The topics covered in this course are:
- Irrigation systems and the effects of irrigation on volatilization, leaching, runoff, excessive withdrawal and water quality issues
- Effects of over or under irrigation on plants and fertilizer needs
- Effects of irrigation water quality and reclaimed water issues
- Diagnosis of irrigation and fertilizer problems
- The importance of proper repair to maintain distribution uniformity to prevent spot leaching and runoff of fertilizers resulting in more fertilizer use and more pollution
If you have any questions about the course content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org