Full course description
This one-hour course provides an overview of Florida State Statute 373.185, the legislation concerning Florida-Friendly Landscaping™, and how it affects communities and homeowner associations. We will provide examples of how the Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Program has worked with communities across the state to help them reduce their water consumption, fertilizer, and pesticide use, saving both time and money.
This course qualifies for one continuing education credit (CEU) for Landscape Architects, Community Association Managers, and FNGLA Certified Horticulture Professional.
This course consists of three short videos, a Frequently Asked Questions practice quiz activity, and a course test. You must score at least 75% on the course test to earn your certificate of completion. Information about how to view and print your certificate of completion will be available after you've passed the course test and submitted the course survey.
The topics covered throughout this course are:
- What is Florida-Friendly Landscaping™?
- Why is it important to follow the Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Program’s nine principles?
- What are the nine Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Program Principles?
- How does the F.S. Statute affect my community?
- Can FFL fit in my community?
- Are there examples of communities that have implemented Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Program Principles?
- How does a community implement Florida-Friendly Landscaping?